Admissions & Intake | Harborcreek Youth Services
Admissions, provision of services, and client referrals are made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, or sex.
Harborcreek Youth Services is a comprehensive treatment center consisting of four psychiatric residential treatment units and one intensive treatment unit. All programs provide a clinically-based continuum of services.
Harborcreek Youth Services provides treatment to males, ages ten to eighteen years, who demonstrate mental health, behavioral, and/or legal problems. Our intake process includes a review of all referral material, communication with the referral agency, and an interview with the prospective client and his parents.
The criteria used to determine intake and level of treatment include the following:
- DSM-IV Axis I or Axis II Diagnosis
- History of abuse and/or abusive behavior
- Symptomatic behaviors
- Level of supervision required
- Sufficient emotional, social, and behavioral functioning for an open setting
- Inability to function adequately in a lower level of care
- Readiness to participate in a campus or community school
- Significant interpersonal issues
- Medical needs within the scope of the program.
Referral information should include as much of the following as possible:
- Court order
- Offense history
- Social history
- Prior placement summaries and reports
- Placement amendment
- Medical information
- Psychiatric/psychological assessments and diagnoses
- Educational records
- Access card or third party insurance
- Birth certificate and Social Security Number
- Other relevant documents.
Payments reimbursed by medical assistance require a determination of medical necessity by a licensed psychiatrist. An authorization must be received prior to intake. Intake decisions are made by the Intake Team, which reviews every referral. The Intake Team consists of our Intake Coordinators, the Director of Clinical Services, the Director of Service Delivery, the Director of Education, our Psychiatrist, the Medical Supervisor and the Resource Manager Supervisor.